Connect with us


Abuja School Closes Down for a week after Autopsy reveals that pupil died of Electric shock



An Abuja school, Brickhall School, has been shut down for a week following the death of a four-year-old pupil, Miguel Ovoke, who was declared dead under distressing circumstances last week.

Recall that family of the deceased child had threatened the school over their attitude knowing fully well that their carelessness led to the child’s untimely death.

The school, giving it’s version of what happened claimed that, according to a medical report from Excel Specialist Hospital, where Miguel was taken, he had choked on a piece of meat during a meal at school.

This was however contradicted by autopsy which showed that the child was electrocuted.

school claimed that despite immediate efforts by the school’s nurse to save him, Miguel’s condition upon arrival at the hospital was critical.

The report, signed by Dr. Akinwande Ajayi on behalf of the medical director, noted that Miguel had nonreactive pupils, no detectable blood pressure, and lacked cardiopulmonary activity, leading to efforts to resuscitate him being unsuccessful.

The hospital ultimately declared him in Dead.”

However, in a statement released on Wednesday, signed by the school management and the Parents Teacher’s Forum, the school expressed its profound sorrow and deepest sympathies to Miguel’s family.

“We are devastated to report that Miguel tragically passed away on April 24, 2024, following a sad incident where he choked on a piece of meat offal from his meal brought from home, despite the immediate and expert care provided by our dedicated staff and certified school nurse,” the statement read.

The school took the decision to shut down activities for a week to mourn the deceased pupil.

The school, however, called for respect and dignity in remembering Miguel.

Follow us on social media: