A radio presenter has confessed to collecting money from the governor and betraying #EndSARS protesters.
A Nigerian man, Kufre Carter has been termed ‘judas’ after he went behind the back of #EndSARS protesters to collect N4m from the Akwa Ibom state governor, Udom Emmanuel..
When he was called out, he denied but later confessed.
Kufre was also accused of betraying the protesters and using the money for personal pursuit.
While confessing after being exposed, he took to Facebook and wrote:
“Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen.
A lot has been said about me following the End SARS protests on Tuesday. I’ve been inundated with calls from responsible people to ask about the whereabouts of 4million naira reportedly given to me by the Governor for the Tuesday protests. The rest have resorted to online bickering and name calling.
Well, I want to state the facts about the money categorically thus:
1. Half an hour after the governor finished addressing the protesters, I got a call from the SSA on Youth Matters to come to Eni Stores with two(2) people from the protest ground. I obliged.
2. On arrival, I was informed that His Excellency has given the sum of four(4) million naira and explained the sharing formula: (i) 2 million for “Uyo Youths” and 2 million for four (4) blocs of protest organisers(which he knew I was one of those who organised the said protest).
3. I was handed five hundred thousand naira (500,000) with specific instructions on how to share which I disbursed accordingly to five people.
4. With this money, came a caveat that the information should be as discreet as possible and I agreed hence the reason for my initial denial which I’ve grossly regretted.
5. Two days after, I kept getting threats from even my friends asking me to produce 4m given by the governor. I kept wondering where they got the information that I received 4m when in actual fact I received 500,000.
6. I’ve managed to build a reputation around my name that I would rather die than let anything or anybody put a dent on it. Nobody is indispensable when it comes to protecting my name and reputation.
7. I hereby apologize to everybody who I’ve disappointed by my actions on Tuesday. This is a first for me and I’ve surely learnt my lessons. I’m really sorry.
8. For the people who’ve wasted no time in throwing tantrums, I deserve it and I hold nothing against you. If anything, this incidence has proven to me that nobody cares about you. They’re only interested in what you offer them. Nobody has friends😁.
9. Once again, I’m sorry for disappointing y’all and if I went back in time, I would surely have acted differently but it’s too late for that, isn’t it?
10. To my friends who’ve been through hell defending me, and opting to listen to my own side of the story, I thank you and I appreciate the goodwill.
On this note, I hereby state that I never received 4m from anybody for whatever purpose and I stand by that. Thank you
Virgin Kufre Carter
Gov. Ortoms Reveals Why He Ended Rift With Bauchi Governor
“You Won’t Make Heaven if Your Woman Sits on You During Intercourse” – Pastor claims
Come And Join ESN, Nnamdi Kanu Tells 101 Soldiers Who Fled From Boko Haram
The only business that thrives in Nigeria is stealing government’s money, banditry and kidnapping – Peter Obi
This Lady Met a Guy on Facebook Then Travelled From Lagos to Abuja to Meet Him – See What Happened
Pastor Who Has a Bed in his Office Where he Sleeps with Church Members Exposed by Wife (Details below)
My Husband Gave Me A Condition Before He Can Sleep With Me, This Is What He Said (Details below)
Notorious Internet Fraudster, Hushpuppi Has Done it Again, See What He Did This Time (Details below)
- News2 days ago
We Brought In Fulani From Mali, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Others To Win 2015 Election, After Election, They Refused To Leave — Kawu Baraje (Details below)
- Crime2 days ago
“Please Don’t Run Away”- Boko Haram Terrorists Pleads With Residents After Taking Over Town (Details below)
- Lifestyle2 days ago
Lion Killed In Borno Town After It Killed Some People And Injured Others (Photos below)
- Crime2 days ago
Tinubu in Serious Trouble, See What EFCC is Planning Against Him (Details below)