Connect with us


Boy and girlfriend arrested for allegedly dumping their newborn baby in dustbin



The Police in Adamawa have arrested a girl and her boyfriend who allegedly killed their baby and dumped the body in a dustbin on July 8, in Yola.

The suspects, Blessing Ben and Luka Iliyasu were said to have been in courtship for two years before the girl got pregnant.

According to SP Suleiman Yahaya-Nguroje, spokesperson of the Police Command, “Blessing was put in a family way by her boyfriend, Luka a resident of Police barracks Yola, after two years of courtship”.

He told newsmen in Yola on Tuesday that Blessing who resides in Jambutu area of Yola North Local Government Area, had however denied killing the baby, claiming that it was delivered prematurely.

“I had a safe and peaceful delivery but the baby was lifeless hence my decision to dump it in the dustbin.

“When I discovered that it was a stillbirth, I kept the corpse for two days before I dumped it in the dustbin and even my aunt whom I have been living with did not know that I was pregnant for nine months,” she told newsmen.

The police spokesman said that the suspects would be arraigned in court upon completion of the investigation.

In other news, a four-day-old child survived a terrible tragedy that occurred during a family’s first night in their new home in Nkwelle Ezunuka, Oyi Local Government Area, near Onitsha, claiming the lives of Ifeanyi, his wife Amaka, their two children, Amaka’s mother, and an apprentice, due to poisonous fumes from a generator, leaving only their four-day-old baby as the sole survivor.

READ ALSO  Nigerian lady destroys boyfriend’s TV for allegedly sleeping with her friend (Watch video)

The incident happened on Thursday night, July 20, 2023. The family was happy and celebrating in their new house when suddenly the electricity went off. To keep the celebration going, Ifeanyi quickly set up a generator outside the bedroom.

As the night went on, the family went to sleep without turning off the generator. Sadly, the fumes filled the house while they slept, and they couldn’t wake up the next morning. A friend who was supposed to join them that night went to their house but found the doors locked and the generator still running.

The friend alerted other neighbours, and they forced open the door. Inside, they found the family unconscious. Tragically, Ifeanyi, Amaka, their children, and Amaka’s mother had already passed away. The apprentice was also among the deceased.

Follow us on social media: