Connect with us


SAD! Father, Mother and Two Children Found Dead in their New Home a Day to House Warming



​A sad mood took over the Isale-Oyo community in Atiba Local Government of Oyo State, on Wednessday after a tragedy struck a family. Five members of the family were discovered dead in a mysterious circumstance. The victims, who include the husband, his junior wife, two children and a visiting uncle, were found dead inside their new home. Investigation revealed that the deceased husband’s junior wife had just completed the house, which she bought when it was under construction. The family members moved into the building on Tuesday, preparatory for its warming on Wednesday. When the senior wife was contacted by the husband to follow them to the house, she excused herself.

The family members were said to have celebrated the Sallah with friends, relations and neighbours, after which the man invited the guests to attend the house warming the next day. Neighbours and relations besieged the residence of the deceased family as early as 7.00a.m. in the morning to felicitate with them on the event.

But they were surprised that despite repeated knocks on the door, nobody came out to attend to them. All efforts to gain entry to find out what happened were abortive, as both the door and windows were locked. The neighbours were anxious, a situation which made them to force the door open.

READ ALSO  Facts To Know About Kolade Johnson Who Was Killed By 'SARS' Operatives In Lagos

“They could not belief what they saw. It was indeed agonising and pathetic. The family of five were found dead,” a neighbour, who craved anonymity, said.

This is unbelievable. It is like watching a movie. The deceased father yesterday (Tuesday) played with the children around and greeted their parents in their respective homes for the Eid-El-Kabir celebration. “How come he and his family members were found dead at the same time?” another neighbour queried. But the Divisional Police Officer at Atiba Police Station, Sadiq Maye, who confirmed the incident, said contrary to insinuations, the deceased died of generator fumes, which they inhaled while asleep. Maye said their bodies had been deposited at the State Hospital mortuary, Oyo.