Connect with us

Sports

UCL: I have made Ronaldo decision ahead of Atletico clash – Rangnick

Published

on

Manchester United interim boss, Ralf Rangnick, has said he is ready to unleash Cristiano Ronaldo against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday..




The Red Devils are looking to qualify for the Champions League quarter-final when they face the LaLiga side.

Ronaldo netted a stunning hat-trick last Saturday, as United recorded a 3-2 win over Tottenham.

The 37-year-old is ready to lead the line again just 72 hours after his heroics.


Rangnick insists he has no concerns at the quick turnaround for Ronaldo and said the superstar can inspire his team for the second game in succession.

“I’m not worried he has not been able to recover,” Rangnick said.


“So far, he’s always been a person that looks quite a lot after himself, his body, and he knows exactly what to do.

“So I’m not worried about that. If he can score another three goals, we’ll see. His overall performance was good and hopefully we get this from him tomorrow.

“There was a lot of discussion before the Tottenham game about Cristiano and he showed what kind of professional and player he is, what kind of level he can still play at.

“With performances like the one he showed, he’s still a very important player for this team and tomorrow it will be good for us if he has a similar performance to the one against Tottenham.


“It’s not just about Cristiano though, it’s about the whole team. It’s what we shouldn’t do and that is what we spoke about pre-match, ahead of tomorrow’s game.

“We were the team on Saturday that wanted to win that game, our supporters played a vital role and realised how much we wanted to win that game, and tomorrow will be similar.”

READ ALSO  Atletico beat Juventus 2-0 in Champions League last 16
Follow us on social media:
Advertisement
Comments

Trending