The Federal Government has said it doesn’t have information on the whereabouts of some Chinese nationals who were imported into the country last month.
Dr Osagie Ehanire, Nigeria’s Minister of Health, speaking on behalf of the federal government has said he isn’t aware of the location of 15 Chinese nationals, who recently came into the country to “help in the fight against COVID-19”.
Recall that on April 8, 2020, a Chinese medical team arrived the country with medical supplies to provide advice to the Nigerian Government on the fight against Coronavirus.
Ehanire while speaking during the daily COVID-19 Presidential Task Force briefing on Thursday however, revealed that not all of the visitors earlier announced as medics have something to do with the medical profession.
He added that the 15 Chinese were not guests of the Nigerian Government but of the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation.
He said, “I think not all of them were doctors and I heard that some of them are technicians, but they are staff of CCECC.
“The Ministry of Health is not their host, so we can’t always explain what happened to them or where they are. There seems to be a lot of interest in these doctors. But they are the staff of the company and I think that they are on a company visa.
“But we have been able to learn some things from them by interacting with them from their experience in their country and they did tell us and we shared ideas on what they did in their country in managing COVID-19.”
Lai Mohammed Inspects Tallest Flag Pole In Nigeria In Jigawa (Photos)
#BBNaijaReunion: You didn’t even last 5 seconds, I left you in bed – Ka3na tackle Praise (Video)
#BBNaijaReunion: “You Are Not Man Enough!” – TBaj Confronts Prince and Vee (Video)
Actor, Okon Lagos tackles hotels who paste “Cars parked at owners risk” signage in their premises
‘You Can’t Bring A Good Man Down’ – Ighalo Writes After His Wife, Sonia, Called Him Out on IG
#BBNaijaReunion: I wanted loyalty not relationship, Nengi tells Ozo, Prince
#BBNaijaReunion: I fell out with Dorathy because of Ozo – Nengi
ASUU to embark on fresh strike
- Sports1 day ago
#Euro2020: Ronaldo called “a fool” for trying to disgrace Rudiger
- News1 day ago
Meet 16-yr-old girl who faked own kidnap to avoid studying Medicine
- News2 days ago
Biafra: Igbos will lose more if Nigeria breaks up – Rochas Okorocha
- News1 day ago
Nigeria has been excluded from U.S.’ $91 million COVID-19 response fund to Africa