There are some things you should know about the late Tam David-West who passed away recently. These are some of those things.
Former minister of petroleum and consultant virologist, Prof Tam David-West, is dead.The Public Relations Officer of the University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan, Mr. Toye Akinrinlola, told PUNCH that the former minister died on Monday morning at 11:05 p.m.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed “deep sorrow” over the death of David-West.
He described “the indomitable Tam David-West’ as “friend and ally.”
Here are a few things to know about Tam David-West:
1. David-West was an ex-commissioner for Education in the old Rivers State (1975–1979).
2. He served as a Minister of Petroleum and Energy under the Muhammadu Buhari military regime between 1984 and 1985.
3. He was Minister of Mines, Power and Steel under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida regime.
4. According to Wikipedia, He was eventually removed as a minister and arrested by the Babangida regime for allegedly contributing to the economic adversity of the country. He was discharged and acquitted of these charges by Nigeria’s Special Appeal Court on August 8, 1991.
5. David-West was an academic and author of many books.
6. He was an outspoken and controversial critic of Nigerian government policy since his purge and arrest under the military regime of General Babangida, though he was not affiliated to any political party
Compiled by The Punch
2023: Nnamdi Kanu’ll ‘force’ Igbo President to declare Biafra – Dokpesi
Reality TV star, Efe addresses alleged rift with BBNaija organizers
Really? So, It’s Me You Drew Like This? Come To My Office – Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Artist (Photos)
Boko Haram, bandits working together to extort Buhari regime – U.S. confirms
Why I Married My 42-Year-Old Wife With A 10-Year Age Difference – Actor, Stan Nze Opens (Video)
Presidency Replies Nnamdi Kanu On Buhari Being ‘Jubril Of Sudan’
Pero Adeniyi Reacts After Being Called ‘Tuface’s First Wife’ By Her Friends (Video)
2Face Idibia Reacts After His Alleged Relatives Linked Up With His First Babymama, Pero
- Entertainment2 days ago
‘You Are Dealing With A Cartel Of Professional Blackmailers, So Please Be Careful’ – Tonto Dikeh Advised
- Celebrity Gossip & Gist2 days ago
‘Jane Mena and I do it from morning till night, she doesn’t get tired’ – Prince Kpokpogri says in NEW LEAKED VOICE NOTE
- Entertainment1 day ago
My Boyfriend Is Not Supposed To Take Care Of My Needs When We’re Dating, That’s Why I Have Parents – Lady Says (Video)
- News1 day ago
Should I Stop Going To Church? After Seeing This In The Bible? – A Man Has A Question