At least 23 soldiers went missing on Saturday after Boko Haram terrorists ambushed them in Borno state.
No fewer than 23 Nigerian soldiers are yet to be accounted for after Boko Haram insurgents ambushed a military convoy at Boboshe village in Bama local government area of Borno.
Five officers, 18 soldiers and 8 trucks were missing after the attack which occurred early on Saturday.
The News Agency of Nigeria learnt that the military, acting on intelligence, mobilised troops in a convoy of 11 trucks to clear the insurgents from the deserted village.
The attacking insurgents were believed to have been those who escaped the ongoing offensive by the military to flush out the Boko Haram terrorists in the fringes of Sambisa Forest and Lake Chad region.
A competent military source, told NAN that the insurgents in their hundreds ambushed the troops and in the process many of them have been missing.
He disclosed that only three of the 11 trucks deployed to the area returned to their base in Maiduguri, after suffering huge loss in the battle with the insurgents.
“There was a quick response by the army when they received reports that hundreds of the insurgents gathered at Boboshe on Maiduguri-Konduga-Bama road.
“The gallant soldiers were ambushed by the insurgents, only three of the 11 trucks returned to the base.
“It is not clear what happened but it was assumed the soldiers were missing following the ambush,” he added.
Meanwhile, residents of Jilli community in Gubio local government council of Borno, on Saturday fled the town sequel to an attack by Boko Haram insurgents.
It was learnt that the insurgent attacked the area from the axis of Lake Chad, forcing the residents to flee.
Bukar Mustapha, one of the residents, told NAN that he and other villagers fled their homes when they received report that the insurgents were coming to attack them.
“In the afternoon on Saturday, we heard that the insurgents gathered in the nearby bush preparing for the attack.
“I am one of those who ran to Maiduguri, which is about 45 kilometres from my village.
“On Sunday morning, I called Gubio and I was told that the insurgents had attacked the town during the night time. I do not have the casualties because the situation is still not clear at Jilli,” Mustapha said.
Another resident who pleaded anonymity said troops had been deployed to the area.
Elon Musk regains his position as the world’s richest man after gaining $10 billion in a day
BREAKING: Buhari, EFCC Chairman, Bawa in closed-door meeting
Drama As Catholic Priest Drags His Own Brother To Court In Enugu…You Won’t Believe Why
I Slept With 15 Men Without Condom, So I Wanted To Sell My Baby For N40,000 – Ebonyi Woman Confesses
Beautiful University Students Runs Mad After Lodging With Man in a Hotel (Photos below)
USA African Mission Push as Kanu Finally Get world attention, See What Biden is About to do on Biafra (Video below)
Panic as US Government Did This To a Nigerian State Governor in America (Details below)
Headmistress Accidentally Sends her Naked Video to a Whatsapp Group, Threatens to Commit Suicide (Details below)
- Lifestyle2 days ago
- Love & Relationship2 days ago
SHOCKING: Husband Caught 7 Months- Old Pregnant Wife In The Act With Another Man And Beat Her Up (Photos below)
- Entertainment21 hours ago
You Will Pay For The Hotel, He Will Sleep With You And Give You 2k – Nkechi Blessing Tells Fans Who Want To Snatch Her New Man
- News2 days ago
Imo gov justifies military invasion of Orlu despite criticisms