Connect with us


World Cup Menace: Family Of Six Killed By Generator Fume



Sorrow enveloped Boji Boji Owa community in Ika South LGA of Delta State on Friday night when generator fume killed six family members of a businessman in the area.
Reports say the victims died in their sleep after retiring to bed, leaving the cheap generating set popularly called “I pass my neighbour” working inside their room.
According to the businessman and the father of the victims who did not want his name in print, “I lost a son of 14 years old and five others to the generator fume. Before now, the little boy and his elder brothers slept together but while we bought fuel to watch the football match, we forgot to put off the generating set, and I and the mother retired to bed. The next morning,
my daughter who is the younger sister of the victims knocked on the door without anybody opening it. The door was later forced opened where the six family members were found dead.”
Resident of the small town who spoke to LEADERSHIP Sunday described the incident
as unfortunate and regrettable. It was reliably gathered that the fume suffocated the victims because their room windows were locked inside, preventing the
smoke of the generator from leaving the room.
A nurse in the vicinity who did not want her name mentioned told our correspondent that she attempted to administer treatment to the victims but later discovered that they were completely dead. Generator fume, she said, had wreaked havoc to several unsuspecting
users, especially those leaving it to run all through the night in the house.
While the police authorities in the area said the deceased had been taken to the hospital mortuary for proper investigation, the father of the victim added that “it was later discovered that my children did not only use it to watch football but to watch Nigerian movie after the football match”.
He said out of eight children that his wife bore for him, he is now left with only two.

READ ALSO  Woman, Three Children Shot Dead In Farmhouse – Police
Follow us on social media:
Continue Reading