JAMB Denies 2017 UTME Registration Extension and Deduction of Marks

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestlinkedinmail

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has debunked rumour of extension of the date of registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Dr Fabian Benjamin, the Head of JAMB Information and Media, dismissed the rumour in a statement issued to newsmen on Friday in Abu

He urged candidates and parents to disregard rumour of extension of the date of registration.

JAMB has urged candidates and parents to disregard any rumour of extension of the date of registration.

He said: “the Board has closed registration and there is no plan to extend the date.

“The registration has not been extended except for those who had pins but couldn’t register as at May 5, when we closed registration.

“These categories of Nigerians are allowed to register and a date will be set aside for them to write their examination.”

Benjamin explained that the examinations had so far been conducted for 1,698,835 candidates, adding that the remaining 19,950 candidates would sit for the examination on Saturday, May 20.

He said that the board would conclude the ongoing examination on May 20.

He said that the results of the examination were being released for candidates to check, except on Friday and Saturday.

He said that examination results had already been sent to candidate’s mails and pasted on JAMB website, adding that candidates could check and print their result with either their registration number or with their email address.

He advised candidates with challenges to log onto the JAMB website: http://www.jamb.org.ng for detailed information and enquiries.

JAMB also denied deducting candidates’ marks in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
It advised the candidates to disregard the rumour.
Fabian Benjamin, the head of JAMB Information and Media, denied the reports in a statement in Abuja.
According to Mr. Benjamin, the rumour is false, devilish and a ploy to cause disaffection among candidates who participated in the 2017 UTME.
“It is no longer news that all our centres have CCTV camera and we have watched all proceedings at the Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the nation.
“Those involved in any infraction will be sanctioned in accordance with the provision of the Examination Malpractice Act.
“The board has not deducted any marks from any candidate and is not contemplating doing that as it is not a condition for sanction in any of the provisions of the law against malpractice.
“Again, we call on all candidates to be mindful of fraudulent characters who will send misleading information to create panic and take advantage of the situation to defraud them.”
Mr. Benjamin said the examinations had so far been conducted for 1,698,835 candidates and that the remaining 19950 would sit for the examination on Saturday, May 20.
He said the board would conclude the ongoing examination on Saturday, May 20, and examination results were being released for candidates to check, except on Friday and Saturday.
Mr. Benjamin said that report that some candidates could not check their results because they owed JAMB some money, was also false.
He advised candidates not to pay any money to anybody as their results had already been sent to their mails and on the JAMB website: http://www.jamb.org.ng
Mr. Benjamin advised candidates to login to check the result with their registration number or with email address to print.
He urged candidates with any challenge not to hesitate to contact the board or check the organisation’s Website for detailed information and numbers for enquiries.

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestlinkedinmail