Connect with us


Man Kidnaps His 8yrs Old Stepson And Demands N182,000 Ransom From Wife



An 8-year-old boy who was abducted by his stepfather has been rescued by detectives in Kenya and returned him to his devastated mother.

The suspect, Nemwel Ondar, abducted the boy early on Saturday, November 12, following a domestic dispute with his wife, Everline Nandera.

The perpetrator was apprehended when the boy’s frightened mother reported the incident to the Embakasi police station at around 9:30 am.

The suspect ordered and threatened to stab the boy to death with a kitchen knife if the wife didn’t take immediate action, according to a statement released by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI.

Read the statement here;

“Nandera told detectives that she had left their home in Embakasi’s Tel Aviv area at the crack of dawn, headed for Muthurwa market.
But upon coming back at around 9:20am, she found her husband and son missing. A note had been left behind by the husband Nemwel Ondari, 32, demanding for a ransom of Sh50,000, for the release of the boy.

In the note, the man also warned his wife that he would kill the boy using a kitchen knife which he had carried, should she try any monkey business. Immediately the woman filled her report at Embakasi police station, detectives from the elite Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau (CRIB) based at DCI Nairobi area were assembled and a manhunt for the suspect was launched.

READ ALSO  SAD! Construction Worker Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper In Abuja (Photos)

The detectives assisted by their Embakasi counterparts traced the suspect and arrested him at the NMS Green Park matatu terminus off Haile Sellasie avenue, a few hours later.
The detectives established that the couple had a heated argument last night and after Everline left early in the morning for Muthurwa to fend for her family, the man packed his clothes and a kitchen knife in two bags, before taking off with the boy.

The detectives pounced on the man at around 4pm, as he eagerly waited for the ransom to be deposited into his Mpesa account.
Mother and child were reunited and the man was escorted to Embakasi police station, where he is cooling his heels awaiting arraignment.”

Follow us on social media: