Girl Died After Kissing Her Boyfriend (Photos)

A tragic story of Myriam Ducré-Lemay, aged 20, was told by her mother after she tragically died of a severe food allergy. The incident occured in October four years ago but came to light only now.
Willing to to raise awareness about the dangers of food allergies the girl’s devastated mom, Micheline Ducre, described the heartbreak she suffered when her daughter passed away after kissing her boyfriend.
According to Mrs Ducre, Myriam was preparing for bed when her man went for a late-night peanut butter sandwich and then brushed his teeth. The lovers shared a goodnight kiss but shortly afterwards the girl began experiencing shortness of breath.
She didn’t take her adrenaline pen and her asthma inhaler did not work. She then asked her boyfriend if he had just eaten peanuts and when heard an affirmative answer asked him to call an ambulance.
Despite paramedics’ efforts to resuscitate her she died from a severe oxygen deprivation or cerebral anoxia.
“Everything was going well in her life. She told me she was in love. It was the first time I saw my daughter with such bright eyes. Sadly, she did not have the time to tell him she had a peanut allergy,” her mother, Micheline Ducré, said.
Peanut allergy is a type of food allergy to peanuts. It is different from nut allergies. Physical symptoms of allergic reaction can include itchiness, urticaria, swelling, eczema, sneezing, asthma, abdominal pain, drop in blood pressure, diarrhea, and cardiac arrest.
Anaphylaxis may occur. The allergy is recognized “as one of the most severe food allergies due to its prevalence, persistency, and potential severity of allergic reaction.

DON'T MISS: Download Edujandon.com News app and get latest news updates directly to your phone!