Connect with us

News

Boko Haram Kills 33 Wives Of ISWAP Fighters In Reprisal Attack

Published

on

No fewer than 55 people including wives of the fighters of Boko Haram and their rival group, Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP), have been killed in a week-long multiple clashes in Borno State, sources revealed.

Edujandon.com reported that the clashes started last week in one of the camps at Mutakinti general area in Bama Local Government Area of the state, where about 11 fighters loyal to (JAS) Boko Haram lost their lives in the encounter.

An impeccable source, who has the knowledge of the incident, told the newspaper that an in-fighting at Dollar land in Sambisa forests last Saturday also claimed dozens including fighters and women.

The source added that ISWAP fighters outnumbered and overpowered JAS and 11 fighters died in a gun battle at Mantari general area. Vanguard reported that the clashes took place in Dollar Land, Mantari, Mutakinti general areas all in Bama LGA and Bayan Dushai in Gwoza council respectively.

While corroborating the accounts, Zagazola Makama, a Counter Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst in the Lake Chad, claimed fighters in Sambisa wanted to avenge the killing of their Commander, Malam Aboubakar (Munzir) and 15 other fighters who were neutralized in a deadly infighting.

Boko Haram fighters have killed at least 33 wives of Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) terrorists in Borno State. A counter-insurgency expert, Zagazo Makama, disclosed this in a series of tweets on Tuesday, December 5. Makama said, “The ISWAP group later retreated and took position at the camp of Izzah.

READ ALSO  Sen. Ben Bruce Remembers How The Saudi Royal Family Came To Nigeria For Medical Treatment In The 60s

Thereafter, they moved to Garin Abbah, located about 2 kilometers where they pinned down to wait for the Boko Haram. “But instead of going to meet the ISWAP rivals to continue the fight, the Boko-Haram elements did a detour and headed to where ISWAP wives are located and killed 33 of them.

“It will be seen in the coming days how ISWAP fighters will react to the brutal killing of their wives by the Boko Haram elements.”

One of Nigeria’s former presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo, has said that 20 million out-of-school children across Nigeria are a disaster waiting to happen.

Obasanjo while speaking at the National Summit on Tertiary Education Reform organised by the leadership of the House of Representatives on Tuesday, November 22, said the out-of-school risk has the potential to become 20 million Boko Haram members.

The summit was conceived to provide answers to the incessant industrial actions by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) hindering education across the country.

In another development, Nigeria has been described as a safe environment for all forms of investment despite the growing killings, kidnappings and activities of Boko Haram terrorists.

The description of the security situation in the country was given by the minister of information, culture and tourism, Lai Mohammed.

READ ALSO  How My Friend Ended Up Marrying My Girlfriend After I Asked Him To Help Me Accommodate Her – Man Shares Sad Story

According to Lai Mohammed, oppositions across Nigeria are only giving wrong narratives to demarket the nation.

Follow us on social media:
Advertisement
Comments

Trending