Connect with us


Man Kills Wife, Burns Corpse With Iron After She Demanded For Children’s School Fees



A 40-year-old woman, Folasade Badejo, has been allegedly killed by her husband, Oluranti Badejo, at their house in Orimerunmu, Mowe, in the Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.

It was learnt that Folasade, a fashion designer, on Wednesday, got into an argument with her husband over the payment of their three children’s school fees.

The argument was said to have degenerated into fisticuffs as 51-year-old Oluranti allegedly smashed Folasade’s head against the wall of their apartment.

She was said to have fallen.

Their eight-year-old daughter, Jumoke, reportedly said her father abandoned her mother on the floor, as she writhed in pain.

The victim was said to have died.

The suspect was alleged to have subsequently burnt her corpse with a hot iron.

Folasade’s younger brother, Lekan Yusuf, who spoke to our correspondent on Thursday, said he received a call on the incident from one of the couple’s neighbours.

He said,

“On getting to their house on Wednesday morning, I saw my sister’s body was burnt with an electric iron and blood was still oozing out of her nostrils and ears.

“The two of them always quarrelled just like any other couple and when I lived with them for three months, no day passed that he did not beat her, especially over money matters.

“On several occasions, even when I was living with them at Ajegunle, Oluranti beat my sister whenever he returned home from work, even when she was asleep.”

The victim’s elder sister, Ayoade Busola, said she learnt about the incident through a family member in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, who called her on the phone.

She said, “Immediately, my husband and I boarded a bike and rushed to their house only to see my sister’s lifeless body on the ground near the freezer with different parts of her body burnt with a pressing iron.

“I asked Oluranti what happened and he told me that when he came back from work on Tuesday night, she complained to him that the electricity connection to their apartment was faulty. Punch Online

Follow us on social media: