Connect with us

News

Sadio Mane Admits He Made His Decision Because ‘70% Of Senegal Want Him To Leave And He Have To Grant They Wish (Details below)

Published

on

Liverpool star Sadio Mane has dropped the biggest hint yet that he wants to quit Anfield – after bizarrely insisting that ’60 to 70% of Senegalese people’ want him to move on.

The Reds star has just over 12 months remaining on his current deal and Liverpool have been unable to strike an agreement on a new contract with the Senegal ace. After months of speculation, Mane teased that he’d reveal his future after the Champions League final, which took place last Saturday.

Despite being linked with Bayern Munich ever since, the 30-year-old has stayed silent on his future since last weekend – until he dropped a bombshell on Friday afternoon.

Speaking ahead of Senegal’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin, the Liverpool ace said: “Like everyone else, I’m on social media and I see the comments. Isn’t it between 60 to 70% of Senegalese want me to leave Liverpool? I will do what they want.

“We will see soon! Don’t be in a hurry because we will see this together. The future will tell us.”

It was claimed by Diario AS last week that Mane had ‘told his Liverpool teammates he is leaving the club’ after their gut-wrenching Champions League final defeat against Real Madrid, while other reports earlier this week claimed that the forward has already ‘agreed a three-year deal’ with Bayern, who are desperate to bring the striker to Munich.

READ ALSO  Extortion: DSS releases Aisha Buhari’s ADC to police

Mane has evolved into one of Europe’s most deadly forwards – alongside Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino – since he moved to Merseyside back in the summer of 2016, and could now be available for a bargain fee this summer.

The former Southampton man has bagged 120 goals in 269 games for the Reds since he arrived on Anfield, but last weekend’s defeat against Real in Paris could now be Mane’s Liverpool swansong.

Although Mane is seemingly ready to quit the club this summer, his Reds colleague Salah has ruled out a move. The Egyptian forward is also yet to pen a new deal with the club, but has confirmed that he will still be a Liverpool player next season.

Follow us on social media:
Advertisement
Comments

Trending