Pulev confirms Joshua bout set for Dec 12
Kubrat Pulev confirmed on Monday that he will face the world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, in a title bout in London on December 12.
Britain’s Joshua was originally scheduled to fight Pulev on June 20, with a second date in July also mooted amid the coronavirus pandemic..
“It’s official: Pulev vs. Joshua on December 12 in London,” Pulev posted on his official webpage on Monday, adding that the date and place were final and the contract had been signed.
“There is no way back, no postponement, no rescheduling!… Let the better one win!” Pulev later posted in his profile on the social media Facebook.
He did not mention if the bout will be behind closed doors due to Covid-19 restrictions as earlier expected, prompting Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn to say he was willing to move the fight to the Middle East if an audience is allowed there.
Joshua beat Andy Ruiz to regain the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles in Saudi Arabia in December.
He is, however, due to put them up for grabs in a mandatory fight with the Bulgarian.
Pulev has been waiting for a chance to face Joshua for almost three years now after a shoulder injury forced him out of a world title bout in October 2017.
The fight should be Joshua’s last before taking on WBC champion Tyson Fury in a lucrative all-British unification bout next year.
Fury is set to defend his belt before Christmas before what UK media report will be a springtime clash at Wembley, assuming coronavirus crowd restrictions have been lifted by then.
The Daily Mail reports that Fury’s rematch with Deontay Wilder has been called off due to the “imminent expiration” of the American’s contractual right to the third match between the pair, paving the way for the Gypsy King’s bout with Joshua.
Man offers N1m reward for information on couple that allegedly duped him of N27m
“My boyfriend goes down on me during periods and I do lick his armpits” – Nigerian lady says, Nedu shocked
“I bought it for N1.5 million” – Woman excited as she sells land for N90 million years after buying it for N1.5 million
2023 Election: N300bn budget should’ve been used to fix schools, hospitals – Singer, Simi says
“My son can never marry you” – Nigerian mum plans with son to prank fiancee (Video below)
Funny reactions as canteen prints bold poster of young man who buys food on credit
SAD NEWS: Labour Party agent shot dead in Lagos as Rhodes-Vivour laments
“Stop Peter Obi from inciting the public” – Tinubu to security agencies
News2 days ago
BREAKING: INEC postpones elections in Lagos Polling units, gives reason
News2 days ago
JUST IN: May God help Nigeria – Peter Obi reacts to violence and voter apathy in governorship election
Celebrity Gossip & Gist1 day ago
Wizkid spoils his baby mama with breakfast in bed on mother’s day (Photos below)
Politics2 days ago
Desmond Elliot, others celebrate his re-election victory in Lagos (Video)