Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over the weekend, had an interview with CNN journalist, Becky Anderson where he stated that only two deaths have so far been recorded in the gunfire incident that rocked the #EndSARS protest at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday, October 20, Edujandon.com reports..
He said so far no family member of deceased persons have come out to make any complaints that their loved one died in the incident. He also stated that there are no bloodstains at the scene of the incident.
Two dead bodies. That’s what we’ve seen from all the morgues, that’s what we’ve seen going to hospitals, that’s what we’ve seen as records. What has happened is that there have been so many footages that people have shown but we have not seen dead bodies, we have not seen relatives, we have not seen anybody coming up to say indeed I am a father or mother to someone and I cannot find the person. Nobody has come .
I have been round and there is no splash of blood anywhere there.
He averred that the CCTV footage shows that men in military uniforms carried out the shooting. When asked if people will be held accountable for the attack, he said
”They certainly would…we will do everything to ensure they are held accountable”
When Anderson informed him that the question she asked was simple and that it was basically to know if those behind the attack will be held accountable, Governor Sanwo-Olu said
“I am not the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; I am Governor of a State. The report would be out and we would channel the report to all the relevant authorities in the state to ensure that every one that is found culpable is accountable for the act.” he said.
Watch the video from the interview below.
#Euro2020: Italy, Wales through to knockouts, Switzerland face nervous wait
Stop threatening us with war, we can destroy government – BNL to Buhari
NAF strikes Modu Sulum, ISWAP chief who took part in Shekau’s killing
“Stop twerking online if you don’t want to end up as a sex slave” – Bobrisky advises ladies
Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slams Northern Groups for Placing N100m Bounty On IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kalu
Jubrin al-Sudan: Tell the world which Buhari you interviewed – Nnamdi Kanu replies Reuben Abati
Nigerians love me, that’s why I’m paying them back – Buhari
‘Why I Broke Up With My Best Friend, Tonto’ – Bobrisky Finally Opens Up
- Entertainment1 day ago
#BBNaijaReunion: I wanted loyalty not relationship, Nengi tells Ozo, Prince
- Celebrity Gossip & Gist1 day ago
‘You Can’t Bring A Good Man Down’ – Ighalo Writes After His Wife, Sonia, Called Him Out on IG
- Entertainment2 days ago
#BBNaijaReunion: I fell out with Dorathy because of Ozo – Nengi
- Education1 day ago
ASUU to embark on fresh strike