N-Power portal not hacked, it is secured ― FG
The federal government on Sunday has debunked reports that the N-Power portal had been hacked. Rather, the government said the portal was not only secured but also that it had not been compromised in any way.
This was as it also disclosed that more than one million applications were received from intending N-Power enrollees across the country in less than 48 hours..
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, in a statement, Sunday night, through its Deputy Director Information, Rhoda Iliya, said, “Over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.”
It called on all young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 with or without formal education to apply for a slot in the new programme which it said, “would be very focused on agriculture.”
“The Ministry will like to assure Nigerians that the N-Power portal is secured and no data has been compromised,” it said, adding: “The portal is open for Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”
The statement read in part: “Inline with the ongoing N-POWER Batch C online application which commenced Friday, June 26, 2020, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development, hereby announces that over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.
“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.
“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.
“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants.
“The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage.”
“I am confident that I am leaving office with Nigeria better in 2023 than in 2015” – President Buhari says as he gives his farewell speech
Rita Edochie reveals that the ‘Edochie’ family are fully behind May Edochie amidst marital crisis, calls Judy Austin a side chick
I will never call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Pastor Tunde Bakare
“Mercy Chinwo followed man” – Gospel singer stirs funny reactions with new skit
FG Declares May 29 Work-free Day
Heartwarming moment Deyemi Okanlawon proposed to wife again after 10 years in marriage (Video)
Nigerian rapper, Odumodu Blvck rejects request to perform at Tinubu’s inauguration
Elon Musk’s Neuralink receives US government approval to carry out studies of brain implants in humans
News2 days ago
“What does this girl really gain from posting half naked pictures, let’s keep the GWR aside” – Lady calls out Hilda Baci over her recently raunchy photo
Lifestyle2 days ago
“I rejected suitors” – 123yrs old woman searching for perfect man seeks love
Love & Relationship2 days ago
“She is too beautiful, men won’t let her be” – Man cries out to court over wife’s beauty, seeks divorce
Celebrity Gossip & Gist2 days ago
Assault: AFRIMEK fulfills promises to actress, Temidayo Morkinyo, shares receipt