There are certain facts you need to know about the 2019 May/June West African Examination Council results.
The West African Examination Council on Friday released the results of the 2019 examination.The results were announced by the WAEC’s Head of Nigeria National Office, Mr. Olu Adenipekun, at the Council’s national office in Yaba, Lagos.
The PUNCH reports that a total of 1,590,173 candidates registered for the examination from 18,639 recognised secondary schools in Nigeria.
Below are six facts from the released results:
1. The results of 180,205 candidates have been withheld.
2. 1,918 candidates with varying degrees of special needs registered for the examination.
3. 1,596,161 candidates registered for the May/June WAEC, however, only 1,590,173 candidates wrote the examination.
4. Of the 1, 590, 173 candidates who wrote the exam, there were 822,098 males and 768,075 females.
5. 64.18 per cent of the candidates who sat for the examination obtained five credits including Mathematics and English. This is a 14.18 per cent increase from the 50 per cent of 2018.
6. Female candidates outshone their male counterparts in getting a minimum of five credits, including English Language and Mathematics. Of those, who got five credits, 507,862 were males while 512,657 were female candidates.DON'T MISS: Download Edujandon.com News app and get latest news updates directly to your phone!