We’ve not been giving unclaimed PVCs to APC govs, INEC tells Atiku
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Wednesday denied releasing unclaimed Permanent Voters Cards to governors of the ruling All Progressives Congress .
The presidential candidate of main opposition Peoples Democratic Party had , in Osogbo on Tuesday , while addressing a rally held by the party, accused INEC of secretly releasing unclaimed PVCs to some unnamed APC governors .
But addressing representatives of political parties in Oṣun State at an interactive session , Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state , Mr . Segun Agbaje , said the Commission would never give PVC to anyone by proxy .
Although Agbaje did not mention Atiku ’ s name , he , however , in a veiled response to the Ex – VP’ s allegations , said , “ Some political parties claimed that INEC was releasing unclaimed PVCs to the All Progressive Congress . That is untrue.
“ INEC will never do that . We don’ t give PVC by proxy . Our interest is free and fair election and we are working very hard to achieve that . We remain non partisan . ”
The REC declared that the PVCs currently in the Commission’ s custody would be available for collection at Registered Areas until Monday , 21 st January .
The INEC boss said a total of 1 , 254 , 467 PVCs ( 75 . 58 % ) have been collected , out of 1 , 681 , 930 received in the state , leaving a balance of 427 , 463 PVCs ( 25 . 42 % ) which were yet to be claimed
Representatives of political parties at the meeting all pledged support for the electoral body to ensure a hitch -free poll .
Nigerian lady comes from UK to look for man owing her N5m, dies in road accident
“My dog has eaten all my pant” — Media Personality, Rene cries out
“Which position are you holding now” – Fans query Eniola Badmus as she shows off luxury office
“Wetin una want abeg?” – Yomi Casual tackles women who say ‘good men are boring’
“I miss my old life” — Cardi B says ‘having everything gets boring’
Christian Atsu’s wife reacts after being bashed for posting dancing video barely four months after his demise
Woman demanding N100 from traders chased out of market after claiming to be Tinubu’s task force official (Video below)
Okon Lagos slams Dog lovers president over attack on Hilda Baci and Enioluwa
Sports2 days ago
OFFICIAL: Lionel Messi to leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer
Entertainment2 days ago
Why I Might Stop Playing the Role Of ‘Mummy Wa’– Mr Macaroni’s Onscreen Wife Wife Reveals
Crime2 days ago
Gunmen storm Abuja community, kidnap four targets
Celebrity Gossip & Gist1 day ago
Fans gift Phyna N26m, an all-expense paid trip to Ireland, and more on her 26th birthday