Connect with us


TRAGIC! Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes outside King Power Stadium



Local emergency services are on the scene following an incident following the Foxes’ draw with West HamLocal police have confirmed that emergency services are on the scene following a reported helicopter crash outside of the King Power Stadium.

Shortly after Leicester City’s draw with West Ham, a helicopter that reportedly belongs to Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha crashed in the club’s car park.

Emergency services were quickly on the scene after witnesses saw the craft go into a spin after taking off, according to Sky Sports .

“We are assisting Leicestershire Police and the emergency services in dealing with a major incident at King Power Stadium. The Club will issue a more detailed statement once further information has been established,” a Leicester City spokesman said in a club statement.

It is not clear who was on board the helicopter or what condition those impacted are in. The incident reportedly occurred around an hour after the match.

Srivaddhanaprabha bought Leicester in August 2010 and was named chairman in February 2011. The Thai businessman oversaw Leicester’s remarkable Premier League triumph in 2016.

Srivaddhanaprabha has four children but it remains unclear if any family members were on board the aircraft.It is known that Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, Leicester’s vice-chairman and Srivaddhanaprabha’s son, was not at the game and was not on board. Sky Sports

READ ALSO  UEFA names Samuel Chukwueze among 50 players to watch

also reports that Leicester Director of Football John Rudkin was not aboard the helicopter.

New reports claim that Srivaddhanaprabha was on board and that King Power will release a statement on Sunday, though there has been no confirmation of casualties to this point.

East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust urged members of the public to stay away from the scene.

“We received a call at 8.38pm this evening to reports of a helicopter crash near King Power Stadium. We sent a doctor, two paramedics in ambulance cars, a crewed ambulance and our Hazardous Area Response Team, with the first resource arriving within two minutes of the call,” read a statement.

“We are currently working with our colleagues in Leicestershire Police and Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service at the scene. We advise members of the public to stay away from the area while we deal with this incident.”

READ ALSO  Why We Recalled Enyeama To First Team — Lille CEO