Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Report says 15 persons have been killed, while several others were injured after herdsmen attacked Uzughul, Tse Ginde, in Saghev council ward of Guma LGA, in the early hours of Saturday.
The attackers, numbering over 20, also set ablaze many shops and several houses, including that of one Dr. David Tsevende.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has returned to Abuja from London, where he attended the 2018 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, CHOGM.
The President departed from the United Kingdom a little after midday on Saturday and touched down at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Aziki International Airport, Abuja, where he was received by top government functionaries.
3. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, said it has commenced what it described as ‘necessary action’ on a petition against Bamikole Omishore, the Special Adviser on International Relations to Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and his wife, Abiola Aiyegbayo-Omishore, over an alleged ghost worker scam.
Spokesman for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, said documents submitted to the the anti-graft agency revealed that Omishore, who has been working with the Senate President since 2015, allegedly listed his wife as a grade level 12 employee of the National Assembly, though she is a nurse in the United States.
4. Troops of 25 Task Force Brigade, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, while on clearance patrol, have intercepted three women and children.
Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Texas Chukwu said the women, upon interrogation, confessed to being wives of Boko Haram terrorists who escaped from Mangusun following the ongoing clearance operation in the area by troops.
5. The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) warehouse at Ikeja in Lagos, was on Saturday gutted by fire.
The South-West zonal spokesman of the agency, Farinloye Ibrahim, told newsmen that the warehouse was being used to keep relief materials.
6. The Defence Headquarters has said it handed over 162 herdsmen to the police for investigation into alleged ties that the suspects may have with Libya.
The acting Director, Defence Information, Brig.-Gen. John Agim, said 147 herdsmen were handed over to the Benue State Police Command, while 15 were handed over to the Taraba State Police Command since the Operation Ayem Akpatuma started on February 15.
7. About N200bn will be required for the provision of meters to over four million power consumers across the country that need prepaid meters, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has said.
NERC said the huge amount needed to meter electricity consumers was one major reason it took away the sole responsibility of meter provision from power distribution companies.
8. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kaduna state has declared the state governor, Nasir El’Rufai, missing.
The party said El’Riufai was declared missing due to his alleged lack of adherence to law and order and dereliction of duty as the state’s elected governor.
9. Fire on Saturday razed the two-storey building housing the Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission (KADSIECOM), few weeks before the Local Government Election in the state.
Report said that the huge fire was noticed around 11: 24 a.m. on top of the building located along Sokoto Road, GRA, Kaduna.
10. The Supreme Court has reinstated over 860 Nigerians sacked by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited employed before the year 2000, as security officers.
In a unanimous decision of five justices, the Supreme Court held that it was illogical and without legal backing for Mobil to have employed the Nigerians and sought to offload them through the back door.
This is What We will Do to All Boko Haram Sponsors – Lar Mohammed (Details below)
President Buhari’s Son-in-law Has Been Declared Wanted (Details below)
Disabled Lady Shows Off Her Royal Prince Who is Ready to Marry Her (Photos below)
Hours After Israeli Warplanes Dropped Bombs On Major Buildings In Palestine, See How US President Reacted (Details below)
Yoruba Group Speaks Out Over Alleged Plot By IPOB To Attack Lagos, Says IPOB Is Not Their Problem (Details below)
Man Who Killed Akwa Ibom Joy Seeker Names Powerful People Who Buy Body Parts From Him (Details below)
God Gave me Many Powers, I Can Enter Any House Without Opening Door – Sunday Igboho Brags (Video below)
Moon not sighted, Ramadan continues today – NSCIA
- Crime1 day ago
- Lifestyle1 day ago
- News24 hours ago
Insecurity: Buhari asks Nigerians to show more understanding
- Crime1 day ago
Corpses Everywhere As Notorious Benue State Kidnappers Reveal Special Burial Ground They Buried Victims After Killing Them (Details below)