Blogger Ibrahim Salawu popularly known as @UnilagOlodo on Instagram has shared a video of how he was harassed by the police officers attached to a Lagos restaurant, Mega Chicken, because he tried to record a video while buying food.
According to Ibrahim, his crime was recording a video of the food in the restaurant as he was about buying, but was asked by the police to stop recording and delete it, but he refused. Read his story below….
“So foodie like myself that’s been starving all evening made a video of the food while deciding what to order at Mega Chicken Ikota and the security came asking me to delete it.
I found it very annoying and refused. Dude went to call MOPOL on top my matter and caused a scene, seizing, insisting I open, and almost breaking my phone.
I’ve basically spent too much money on these people and endured their useless services (especially lack of available delivery staff) over the years so this really pissed me off.
So my people, help me understand and make sense of what just happened o.
1. Is it an offence to take pictures now at fast foods? (Aren’t fast foods public places?)
2. Were the MOPOL right to check my phone (my private property) looking for picture I took?
3. While making a LIVE VIDEO (which was posted anyway) the MOPOL grabbed my iPhone 7, almost broke it while wrestling it from me. Is this RIGHT?
4. DOES MEGA CHICKEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO HARASS CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY NEVER PUT ANY NOTICE PROHIBITING USE OF MOBILE PHONES IN THEIR PREMISES?
5. What will be done about the public humiliation I endured and the stress on my sister who has a headache right now as a result while people were gathered around as if I stole food?
Pretty much questions I need answers to because no theft was committed, no intellectual property abuse, no sign stating its “NO CAMERA” Policy. So I’ll know if this is how we’ll be doing o ? ”
Why I Don’t Have Tattoos On My Body – Mercy Aigbe
May Dare Adeboye rest in peace – Sunday Igboho makes u-turn
Gunners condemn Allardyce, West Brom to relegation in 3-1 win
Eid el Fitr: Daura Emirate council bans durbar as Katsina plans to celebrate
BLACK FRIDAY: Many People Burnt To Death as Another Tragedy Strikes Nigeria (Details below)
I Have 23 Oil Wells in Niger-Delta, I Won’t Allow Anybody to Divide Nigeria – Sultan of Sokoto (Details below)
Fresh Trouble In Christ Embassy As Protesters Ask Pastor Chris To Return N1B Allegedly Donated By Fraudster (Details below)
UNBELIEVABLE! Pastor Adeboye Reveals What Happened To A Senator Who Tried To Condemn His Church (Details below)
- Entertainment2 days ago
Nigerian Actor, Sir Koro Apologizes After Alleging That Baba Ijesha And Princess Dated (Video)
- Entertainment2 days ago
“Release Baba Ijesha now! It’s his right to be freed on bail” – Yomi Fabiyi calls for protest (Video)
- News2 days ago
Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Won’t Break Nigeria – Primate Ayodele
- Lifestyle2 days ago
What Pastor Adeboye Begs God For After Death Of Son, Pastor D (Details below)