Every year, a renowned website – Forbes – who after thorough research, publishes the net worth of the richest men in the world, has just released its list of top 10 richest men in Nigeria….
Forbes, a website renowned for ranking of richest people in the world, has made available the list of richest people in Nigeria in 2017.
In the latest release, 9 Nigerians made the billionaires club cut with some, just few million dollars away from reaching the benchmark.
Below are top 10 richest men in Nigeria according to Forbes ranking in 2017;
1. Aliko Dangote: Aliko Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria, Africa and of course the richest black man in the world. In 2014, he ranked as the 24th richest man in the world but has since then fallen to positions below 100 due to Nigeria’s poor Naira.
Net Worth: $12.5 billion.
2. Mike Adenuga: Mike Adenuga is the second richest man in Nigeria with interest in Oil and Gas and telecoms. He is the owner of Globacom, Nigeria’s second biggest telecom operators and the chairman of Conoil.
Net Worth: $10.5 billion.
3. Femi Otedola: He is the CEO of Zenon Oil and Gas and Forte Oil Plc. He has interest in real estates amongst other sectors.
Net Worth: $2.3 billion.
4. Folorunsho Alakija: Folorunsho is a business tycoon who has interest in fashion,oil and printing industries. She is the richest Woman in Nigeria and the richest woman of the African descent in the world.
Net Worth: $2.1 billion.
5. Theophilus Danjuma: Former Nigerian Chief of Army staff between 1975 to 1979. He is the current chairman of Athlantic Petroleum.
Net Worth: $1.7 billion.
6. Abdusalam Rabiu: Abdusalam is the founder of the famous BUA Group. A conglomerate active in sugar refining, cement production, real estate and port operations. In September 2015, his Group signed a $600 million deal with a chinease cement equipment service provider Sinoma Internation Engineering to construct a second production line located in Edo State Niger Delta, Nigeria.
Net Worth: $1.5 billion.
7. Tony Elumelu: A philanthropist and founder of the Transcorp and Heirs Holdings. He was the chairman of United Bank for Africa.
Net Worth: $1.4 billion.
8. Orji Uzor Kalu: The former governor of Abia State. He is the founder and chairman of Slok Holding. A conglomerate with interest in shipping, banking, oil, trading, manufacturing and the media. He became a real business man at the age of 19 after being expelled from a Nigerian University for allegedly spearheading a series of student riots.
Net Worth: $1.1 billion.
9. Jim Oviah: Jim Oviah is the founder of Zenith Bank. He is the chairman and the largest shareholder with a stake of almost 10%.
He also manages a mobile telecom Visafone which has over 3 million subscribers.
Net Worth: $1 billion.
10. Oba Otudeke: Oba Otudeke is the Chairman and founder of the honey well group. He is also the chairman of FBN Holdings Plc. His operations spread across oil and gas, flour minning, real estate, and marine transportation.
Net Worth: $650 million.
“My friend intends to propose to his girlfriend that I caught cheating” – Man seeks advice
Hunger will kill me, my daughter and grandma if I don’t hawk – 26-year-old single mother amputated at 11
Health benefits of having regular sex with your spouse
JUST IN: Doctors suspend nationwide strike
See What A Very Popular Nollywood Actress Was Caught Doing In A Movie Set (Photos below)
I have children – Actress Rita Dominic opens up (Video)
Nnamdi Kanu Sends A Strong Bible Verse To Gov Uzodinma After Another Police Station Attack (Details below)
Bayern Munich 2-3 PSG: Mbappe nets brace to put Parisians in pole position
- Lifestyle2 days ago
Man Went To Stadium To Watch Football Match, But See What He Was Doing That Got People Talking (Photos below)
- Lifestyle2 days ago
“No Man Or Woman Has Ever Touched This Body, Am a Virgin”- Lady Proudly Says (Photos below)
- Love & Relationship1 day ago
“Right or Wrong”-This Reverend Sister Dumped Catholic Church And Married Her Lover
- Crime1 day ago
“He Ordered me to Undress and I Refused” – 16-year-old Student Narrates How Her Hand Was Cut Off After Resisting Rape (Details below)