Connect with us

News

3 Dead, 12 Critically Injured In Gruesome Benin Gas Explosion (Photos) 

Published

on

​It was a tragic day on Sunday in Benin as 2 children of the same parents and an adult died when a gas cylinder exploded at No 28, Osazuwa Street, Agbor road, in Ikpoba- Okha local government area,Benin, Edo State.12 other people were severely burnt and are currently receiving treatment at Enoma hospital and University of Benin Teaching Hospital.

Among the victims were two members of a family, identified as Favour Godwin, 11 and Odion. Their parents are currently receiving treatment at the hospital. The incident reportedly occurred around 7a.m. on Sunday.

A witness to the incident, who identified herself as Juliet Chimobi, told journalists that visited the area that the cooking gas reportedly fell inside the apartment of a neighbour, Steven Ebo (now late) and exploded.

She added that when the incident occurred, occupants of the house ran out and were warned not to light any fire. She said: “At this point, I refused to move in with my neighbours. But before I knew it, they all ran out again shouting fire, fire, fire. I later discovered that one of our neighbours, who had put on cooking fire in his apartment, opened his door, which apparently ignited the gas. The matter was made worse for the victims, who tried to escape through the exit door, which could not be opened.”

READ ALSO  Final Year Student Allegedly Kills Himself After Being Unable To Graduate Due To Poor GPA

Follow us on social media:
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

Trending