Connect with us

News

FIFA SCANDAL: Communication Chief Quits

Published

on

FIFA’s director of communications and public affairs Walter De Gregorio has stepped down from his role.
De Gregorio had been in position since September 2011 and was a senior aide to president Sepp Blatter, who announced his decision to quit amid a wave of corruption and bribery allegations which have brought the organisation to its knees.
A statement from FIFA said: “Walter De Gregorio has decided to relinquish his office with immediate effect as director of communications & public affairs.
“Mr De Gregorio joined FIFA on September 14, 2011 and will serve FIFA on a consultancy basis until the end of this year.
“His deputy Nicolas Maingot will resume the role ad interim.”
FIFA general secretary general Jerome Valcke also thanked De Gregario.
“Walter has worked incredibly hard for the past four years and we are immensely grateful for all he has done,” he said.
“I am glad we will be able to continue to draw on his expertise until the end of the year.”

Advertisement
Comments

Trending