TRAGEDY: Two Children Burnt To Death In Lagos
Tragedy struck in Lagos as two Children reportedly died in fire incident that razed a story building at 43, Salami Street, Mafoluku Oshodi area of the state on Monday night, August 11, 2014.
According to reports the children identified as Joel Chukwu and Monadi Samuel were burnt to death before fire servicemen could rescue them.
Vanguard gathered that the inferno was allegedly caused by a candle which was lit by the family. Unfortunately the burning candle fell causing the fire that gutted their flat and consumed the children while they were sleeping.
The Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, who confirmed the report said that two infants died in the fire disaster last night, explaining that the fire service was not called on time to put out the fire.
”We got a distress call around 8:38p.m. last night and when we got there, we discovered that it was a storey building that was on fire. The top floor had two-bedroom apartment and four single rooms, while the ground floor had two bedrooms and six single rooms. They did not call us on time when the fire occurred,” he said.
Fadipe confirmed the fire was caused by a candle which was lit by the family.
He said two water tanks were used in putting out the fire, adding that the Isolo and Ilupeju Fire Stations were involved in putting out the fire.
According to him, the top floor of the building was razed, particularly the two bedroom flat on the top floor where the deceased children and their family used to live.
The Fire Service boss appealed to the residents to desist from using candle in their houses as it could be very dangerous, saying that they could purchase cheap rechargeable lamps that would be more useful for them at night.
Just recently, On August 11, 2014 a similar tragedy occurred in Lagos as a 7-year-old boy was reportedly burnt to death in a fire that engulfed a two-storey building in Lagos
Man emotional following release from prison after 14 years (Video below)
“Medical misogyny is disgusting” – Twitter users slam Ugandan doctor for telling feminists to get pregnant as fibroids love dormant uterus
Burna Boy becomes first African artiste to sell out 80k London Stadium
“A lot of us are thinking about the wedding and honeymoon but marriage is so much deeper than that” – Moet Abebe Lament
“Davido come people forget say we dey church” – Pastor tackles members for ‘losing focus as Davido enters Church, causes commotion during service
“Chioma don suffer for Davido Hous, See How She Com slim” – Reactions as man shares rare video of Chioma and singer at home
President Joe Biden, 80, trips and falls at Air Force Academy graduation ceremony
Nkechi Blessing’s ex, Opeyemi Falegan gives free fuel to hundreds of okada riders (Video below)
Celebrity Gossip & Gist1 day ago
“I miss my old life” — Cardi B says ‘having everything gets boring’
News2 days ago
Christian Atsu’s wife reacts after being bashed for posting dancing video barely four months after his demise
Celebrity Gossip & Gist2 days ago
Okon Lagos slams Dog lovers president over attack on Hilda Baci and Enioluwa
News2 days ago
Woman demanding N100 from traders chased out of market after claiming to be Tinubu’s task force official (Video below)