Connect with us


Super Eagles's Fan machetes Ghanaian for mocking Eagles in Lagos



A mild drama unfolded Monday night at Ilasan area of Lekki, Lagos, during the barren World Cup match between Nigeria and Iran, after a drunk went berserk and macheted some viewers for mocking the Super Eagles.
One of the viewers, a Ghanaian, was said to have sustained deep cuts while others managed to escape from the viewing centre.
Reports said the drunk, identified as Sunday Usman, was in a bar which also served as a viewing centre alongside other football lovers, when the Ghanaian identified simply as Kofi, started booing the Super Eagles over their failed attempts to score a goal.
At that point, an eye witness said: “Usman staggered to his feet and warned Kofi to stop showing solidarity with Iran. But Kofi continued, saying he had every right to support whichever team he liked. Some viewers, who were also not satisfied with the Super Eagles performance, supported Kofi.
“Usman left the bar, threatening to deal with Kofi . We all thought he had gone to sleep. But to our surprise, he came at the tail end of the match, dangling a cutlass which he used on anyone at sight. Kofi could not escape. He had the deepest cut.
“We all fled for our lives and by the time we summoned courage and disarmed the drunk, Kofi was found on the ground in a pool of his blood.”
Kofi was reportedly rushed to an undisclosed private hospital, where Vanguard was told he was responding to treatment.
2 die of electrocution in Bauchi
Also, tragedy struck, yesterday, after two persons were electrocuted, while eight others were unconscious at Turum viilage in Bauchi Local Government Area.
Vanguard learnt that the incident happened when 12 persons in a room were watching the World Cup match and suddenly, a live wire fell on the ground and triggered a spark.
It was gathered that boys who were watching the match in the room were terrified by the heavy spark and decided to run for their dear lives.
As the victims were running away, they mistakenly stepped on the wire and were electrocuted.
An eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said two people watching the match were electrocuted when they mistakenly stepped on the live wire.
He said: “The incident took place around 11.15 pm after the Nigeria-Iran match. I heard a spark from afar but did not know what happened. It was later that people started shouting that two people were electrocuted.”
“From what I saw, eight others were affected, but they were unconscious as a result of the shock. The dead and the injured were taken to the hospital.”
State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Haruna Mohammed, said two persons were confirmed dead at the scene while eight others were receiving treatment at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital, Bauchi.
He said corpses of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary in the hospital while the Police had commenced investigation into the incident.

READ ALSO  Nigerian Sex Workers Protest,Seeks Legal Recognition
Follow us on social media:
Continue Reading