Connect with us

Uncategorized

Muntari and Boateng kicked out of the Ghana WorldCup Squad.

Published

on

Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng have been expelled from Ghana’s World Cup squad for alleged indiscipline.
A statement on the Ghana Football Association website (external) said both players had “been suspended indefinitely”.
Boateng, of Schalke 04, has been expelled for “vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team’s training session in Maceio”.
Muntari has been punished for what the FA calls an “unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member”.
The Ghana FA statement added the incident involving AC Milan’s Muntari took place on Tuesday and named Moses Armah, who is a member of the team management, as the man said to have been assaulted by the 29-year-old midfielder.
Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari have played in Ghana’s two games so far
And Boateng, a 27-year-old Germany-born midfielder, was said by the Ghana FA to have shown “no remorse for his actions”.
The news comes one day after Ghana’s government sent in excess of $3m (£1.8m) in a chartered plane to Brazil to pay the players’ appearance fees.
The Black Stars had threatened to boycott Thursday’s match against Portugal if they did not receive their money, prompting the government to take action.
Ghana could still have an outside chance of qualifying for the knockout phase of the tournament if they beat Portugal and there is a winner between the other Group G match between Germany and United States – although the Black Stars would also need to overtake their rivals’ superior goal difference.
However, the-off-the field incidents are likely to overshadow events on the pitch and severely damage Ghanaian football’s reputation.

READ ALSO  Soldiers chain man to motorcycle in Lagos, drag him on street
Follow us on social media:
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

Trending