Connect with us


(Sad) Mother of three die after eating yam flour meal



Four out of a family of  nine including a mother and her three
children reportedly died after the consumption of a yam flour for lunch
in Isua-Akoko area of Ondo state.
The father of the family Mr Abiloye Folorunso and other children
were however saved by providence as the effect of the poison was not
much in their system and was immediately flushed out in the hospital.
It was gathered that the yam flour was purchased from Isua Market
that ill fated morning and was prepared as their lunch before death
came calling.
Speaking with newsmen, the Information Officer of the Akoko South
East Local Government, Mr. Akin Meroyi said the incident occurred
at  Ward 7 in the town.
Also speaking on the incident, another family member, Hon. Adesina
Ayodeji noted that the flour was bought from Isua Market by the
deceased mother on that same day the incident occurred.
Ayodeji told newsmen that shortly after taking the yam flour, all the
nine members who ate of it became unconscious.
According to him, they were immediately rushed to the Local
Government Health Centre by neighbours where first aid was
administered to them.
In the process of reviving them, one of the family members reportedly
died at the Health Centre.
Disturbed by the situation as they could not be revived, they were
taken to the  State Specialist Hospital, Ikare-Akoko.
Some of the family  members still unconscious were hurriedly taken
to a private hospital in Ikare Akoko where another member died
Their neighbours who were trying to salvage the situation took some
of the unconscious members to the Federal Medical Centre[FMC],
Owo where they were diagnosed to have eaten poison.
The effect of the poison according to investigation was much in their
body system and has affected their intestines and kidney following renal
diagnosis by medical experts.
Family members later decided that spiritual solution should be sought
following the report from the hospital.
The  victims were reportedly transferred  to a church in Isua –Akoko
where the mother and another child died.
Reacting to the development in his council area, the Chairman of
Akoko South East  Local Government, Hon Olusola  Agbi who
condoled the family described the incident as unfortunate and sad.
The five other family members have been revived at the specialist
hospital in Ikare-Akoko and are still on admission.

READ ALSO  Nigerians Reacts After Lagos Big Boy Reduced A Policeman To An Errand Boy At A Wedding In Imo State
Follow us on social media: